I need to vent about this pet store really quick, so feel free to ignore.
1. Ball pythons should not be housed together. Tons of stores do this, so whatever, not surprising. (Also not surprising that the dominant one of the 5 is huge, while the least dominant hardly eats. Also, 5 ball pythons in that tank is ridiculous.)
2. Snakes. Need. Hides. I had a friend say it wasn’t an issue, bull. They are constantly in plain view of people 24/7. This can cause stress. Throw in a freaking box at least.
3. Corn snakes need belly heat. Corn snakes have zero need for heat lamps. One of your snakes rotted from the inside out because you didn’t have a heat lamp on her.
4. You threw six corn snakes in a very small tank. A full grown corn needs a 20gal long. This was way too small.
5. Again, they had no hides.
6. You had one fully grown breeder male in with 5 females. Only one female was big enough to have eggs. Two YEARLINGS (female corn snakes should only be bred at 3 years old, 3 feet long, and 300 grams) had eggs and the stress from this severely effected them.
7. Even after having their mother rot from the inside out, you (a manager) proceed to tell me that the employees (who actually care for these animals) don’t know what the animals need and that the hatchlings will be put in the same tank that their mother died in, with nothing but a light. (Which is probably too far away from them to even effect temps.)
8. You have beardies on display with a note that says “not for sale” because they are constantly having seizures/strokes from some form of deficiency, either the light is too far away, their diet of exclusively crickets isn’t enough, their dehydrated, or its something with calcium. Either way, GET THEM OFF OF DISPLAY FOR THE WHOLE STORE TO SEE THEM DYING.
9. You did the same with the snakes, as they sat their vomiting and DYING, you LEFT THEM ON DISPLAY.
10. Your rats are sick. They are constantly in respiratory distress, they have eye problems, they have lice, and they have mites. Find a new supplier.
11. Educate your damn selves on the animals you are keeping, or stop keeping them. I have pictures. I have videos. Fix it.